View count: 5298
AdmissionsThe Program admits students to the fall semester only. Application materials are available in and applications can be submitted through the TIGP web site. The application deadline is Feb 1st every year. It is to the advantage of the students to apply as early as possible. There is no charge for the application for admissions.
The following criteria/material will be used to evaluate the applicant’s qualifications for admission:
1. Bachelor and or Master of Science degree.
Students (either international students or students from within Taiwan) with a B.S. or M.S. degree from an accredited institution will be considered for admission.
2. The General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). (optional)
The GRE general and subject scores are optional but applicants are strongly encouraged to provide it. Applicants, who fail to submit GRE scores for evaluation, should provide supplementary information (e.g. M.S. thesis, research publication, description of research experiences, etc) that can demonstrate potential in research.
3. English proficiency:
All applicants whose first language is not English must submit the English test score, except:
Applicants from English-speaking countries*
Applicants whose previous degree is from English-speaking countries* (the length of study is at least 2 years)
Applicants whose previous degree is entirely taught in English (the length of study is at least 2 years; proof required)
* Antigua, Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Trinidad, Tobago, United Kingdom, and United States
(1) TOEFL: 79-80 on the New Internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL-iBT) or higher (Our institution CODE & NAME are: 7142 Academia Sinica).TOEFL institutional Testing Program (Toefl-ITP) is not the option of english proficiency. For more information on the TOEFL exam, please visit TOEFL Home on the Web.
(2) GEPT: Instead of TOEFL, applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT) administered by the Language Training and Testing Center. Applicants are required to submit their high-intermediate level certificate when applying for admissions
(3) IELTS (International English Language Test System): Scores of 5.5 or higher on the Academic Test is required. For more information about the IELTS, please visit International English Language Testing System online.
(4) TOEIC: a minimum score of 785. For more information about the TOEIC exam, please visit TOEIC on the web.
All above test scores must be taken within the past two years.
4. Three letters of recommendation commenting on the applicants’ personal characters and qualifications for independent study, including intellectual ability, research potential and scientific motivations.
5. Statement of purpose (Plan and reason for graduate study).
The submitted application materials for evaluation will not be returned to the applicants.